Chapter Seven

Finally, Lucien called out that the bar was closing. Sophia, hearing him, sighed and looked at the clock. It was nearly 2:00am. She reluctantly broke from Jon’s embrace. “Time for me to go back to work, darlin’. Gotta close up.” Her legs were unsteady as she took a step back from him. She swallowed hard at the lump in her throat. “Thanks for the dance. It was better than I imagined it could be. I may never dance with Lucien quite the same again.” She trailed her hand down his cheek, then ran from the room.

Jon walked over to one of the pool tables, and gripped the side so hard, he thought he’d break it. Holy shit, what a woman, he thought to himself.

As Sophia made her way from the back room, she saw the musicians packing up, and the last of her customers leaving, giving her appreciative looks and shy waves as they did. She thanked Will and the others for their help.

“Darlin’, it was our pleasure,” Noah replied. “We pretty much can’t wait to get home to wake up the girls and give them a taste of their own medicine.”

After they left, Sophia looked around at the empty room. Richie must have slipped into the back room to find his friend.

“You locking up, boss? Or do you want us to do it?” Antonio asked.

“I’ll take care of it, but I don’t think I’m ready yet. You two go on home. I’ll be OK. I don’t think anything bad is going to happen to me here tonight,” she responded.

Lucien arched an eyebrow at her. “If you say so, but you know you can call us if you need to, and we’ll come back and kick some ass.”

Sophia laughed. “I don’t think that will be necessary. I’ll walk you guys to the garage, so you can get your car. Grab me my keys?”

Lucien tossed her a key ring and came out from behind the bar. Sophia locked the front door behind the last patron, then joined her friends, walking, arm-in-arm, toward the back room.

“That was one hell of a show, sweetie. You sure got everyone riled up,” Antonio said. “And, I don’t think our special guests minded one little bit. I was watching them. Girl, you had them hooked!”

Sophia blushed for what seemed like the hundredth time that night. “I didn’t think I’d be able to go through with it with them here. I’m glad I did, though, it was pretty damn fun,” she replied. They went through the back room, noticing the pair playing pool. “I’ll be right back, guys, just have to get these two on their way.”

“I have to go too,” Richie piped up, glancing at his friend. “I’m beat.”

As soon as the last word was out of Richie’s mouth, Jon tossed the keys to the rental at him. “You take the car,” he said. “I’ll catch a cab, or…” he paused.

Sophia gulped. “I can give you a lift back to the hotel later,” she finished. “C’mon, Richie, let me walk you out.”

She led Richie back out through the bar to the front door. After she unlocked it, Richie caught her up in a hug. “Thanks for letting me play with your guys tonight. I had a blast.”

Sophia glowed. “The pleasure was truly all mine, darlin'.”

“And,” he continued, “I’m glad we stayed for your little performance. Although, with nobody waiting for me back at the hotel, I have a feeling I’m in for a very long, very cold shower tonight.”

Sophia laughed, putting a hand to the side of his face. “Darlin’, all you have to do is snap your fingers, and you’d have a trail of beauties following you anywhere you chose to go.”

“Can I snap them at you?” Richie asked. His eyes twinkled, and Sophia gaped at him like a fish out of water. “Just kidding,” he said, rescuing her. “My buddy in there had his eye on you since we pulled up out front and he saw you sawing on that fiddle. No way I’m getting in his way.”

Sophia smiled, and leaned in to kiss his cheek. “You’re sweet,” she said.

At the last second, Richie turned his face, landing her kiss on his mouth. “Now you can fantasize about me, too,” he laughed. “And, I can tell him I kissed you first!”

0 comments: