Chapter Eight

Shaking her head in amusement, Sophia locked the door behind Richie, and headed back toward the pool room. The three men were huddled together, deep in some serious conversation. What a sight those three make together, she thought. She took a mental snapshot to enjoy later, then cleared her throat to get their attention.

“Ready guys?” she asked Antonio and Lucien, who nodded.

“Sorry, boss,” Lucien said, as the pair walked over to her. “Just chatting with your new friend here, letting him know how you’re like our little sister, and we take protecting you very seriously.”

She unlocked the door at the back of the room, and led the trio through to the hall, and into the garage.

“I can take care of myself, but you’re sweet. Thanks for looking out for me.” Sophia gave each of them a kiss and shooed them into their car. As they climbed into the BMW, Sophia opened the door to let him out. She saw the taillights of what she assumed to be Richie’s rental fading off in the distance.

Once they were gone, she turned back to see Jon straddling her Harley. He was a mouth-watering sight in black and silver. Sophia hungrily absorbed every nuance of the scene in front of her. Jon had rolled up the sleeves of his shirt, revealing strong, corded forearms. Whew! He had a big shit-eating grin on his face, and was reverently skimming his hands over the chrome. He laughed softly when he saw the quote from his song on the tank.

Jon started when the garage door clattered shut, and his grin deepened and his eyes darkened as he took in the sight of her, enjoying the sight of him. “Great machine. Very sexy. How do you ride that thing in that dress and those shoes?”

Sophia chuckled, gave herself a little shake, and relaxed. She didn't realize just how nervous she was until now. She made her way over to the bike, caressing the handlebars. She smiled. “Thanks. I know, I think so, too. I don’t. I’m usually dressed in jeans and boots, which makes it easy. What do you think? Do you ride?” Stop babbling, you idiot!

Jon smiled at her response -- the way she answered all his questions, asked a few of her own, and got flustered in the process. “When I saw the Harley here, I had to touch it, to see how it felt under me. And baby, I do know how to ride.” His words made her shiver, but Jon was still staring appreciatively at the bike.

I'll just bet you do, darlin', Sophia thought.

Looking around the garage, Jon whistled. “Damn, baby, you sure do have some mighty powerful toys.” The “toys” in the garage were a dark purple 1970 Plymouth Road Runner, a screaming yellow 2005 Ford Mustang, and of course, the Harley.

Sophia looked around, quite pleased with herself. “The Plymouth was my Dad’s; I took it when he died. The ‘Stang was a present to myself when I opened this bar, and the Harley, hell, darlin’, that’s just for fun.” As she talked, Sophia walked around the garage, touching each one gently, lovingly.

When she looked up, she was rooted where she stood, frozen by what she read in Jon’s face. She blinked rapidly, and unconsciously licked her lips, making them shine. She took a hesitant step toward him, not trusting her own eyes. Jon quickly closed the distance between them and framed Sophia’s face with his hands. He leaned in, ready to kiss her.

Desire pooled low in Sophia’s body. She started to quiver as Jon’s long, strong fingers eased through her hair, caressing, taunting her. He pulled a lock forward, smelling it, closing his eyes as he inhaled the sweet, feminine perfume of her. “You smell like spring. Words escape me.” He chuckled, exquisitely raising one eyebrow, “and that doesn’t usually happen to me. Tell me, darlin’, just who is it that I’ve been enjoying all night? Nobody ever said your name. It’s always ‘Boss’ or ‘darlin’.” He eased closer to her, their lips just an inch apart, his hands on her shoulders.

“Sophia,” she whispered, barely loud enough to be heard, as she felt the straps of her dress fall from her shoulders. “My name is Sophia.”


fin

13 comments:

Starr said...

Halthor.. You have a talent for writing my dear, but I'm wondering why you ended the story with chapter 8. And no sex scene with Jon, darn!

However I enjoyed your writing, and liked how you presented Richie's and Jon's relationship as well as Jon's reactions to the leading lady of the story, Sophia.

Good job!

The Goddess Hathor said...

Starr, thanks for the nice comments! This was my first attempt, and I'll admit to being a bit gun-shy (excuse the metaphor) about the whole intimate thing. I will say I'm working on it in the Richie story (The Rental), although it's not there quite yet.

-- Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Big Bon Jovi Fan and just starting to read fan fiction. You had me smiling, it was fun! Enjoyed the read!

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed this story! I loved that Sophia is a strong, sexy, CONFIDENT woman; and I loved the premise! And although I think you made a great decision in ending the story that way (it certainly leaves the reader....THIS reader....wanting more), you left me all hot and bothered imagining Jon! Can't wait to read more of your stories.

beachloverjovi said...

Hathor-I thoroughly enjoyed the story. I was panting and breathless the whole time the description of what drives the girls crazy was going on. Can't wait for more.

Bonnie

Anonymous said...

Hathor, wonderful hunny!

If you ever feel like carrying on with this story you'll have me standing in line clapping like mad!

Gailx

Starr said...

Well from seeing my comment on this last chapter, apparently I read this story back in May and I just read it again and loved it twice as much!
Yeah I remember feeling disappointed that you ended it and no sex scene with Jon lol! That's right... I had forgotten that you were at first kind of shy with writing sexy scenes. Boy that was a long time ago wasn't it? Cause now you are consummate pro!

And I still wished you had continued this story, Jen. ;)

Jovifun said...

i just re-read this and liked it as much as the first time. sorry, that i hadn't left a comment back then, but i think i had been to shy to express myself in english!

i love the story cos it's sexy from the first line till the end! in my opinion it doesn't need any explicit sex scene! maybe it would disturb the underlying erotic feeling!
thanks so much for sharing, hathor!
and now back to all your other great story`s!

cu
Sandra

Anonymous said...

Great story and a terrific twist on what the guys do to us-nice to see them getting a taste of their own "bad medicine"! Thanks for sharing it with us, I'll finish the last scene in my mind!

Opester said...

Awesome story and such a great idea! I'm glad Sophia's efforts will be rewarded! No need here to be explicit as we all have vivid imaginations!

Anonymous said...

Hathor, I adore this story, it's written so beautifully. You have a great talent, I'm really looking forward to reading more of your stories. I feel a strange affinity with the female lead here, sharing her name as I do, so it helped me to imagine myself in her place (let's forget about the differences in mine and her ages and nationalities, lol). Also I agree that no explicit sex scenes were needed, you left us hanging expertly, lovely ending. Thanks again for a great fic that I'm sure to revisit some time in the near future. Sophia

Anonymous said...

Hey Hathor ; )

Great story's. You should write a story about me and Jon and then send it to me haha

Love from Holland

Anonymous said...

Good words.